Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Hey Mister...Throw me some beads!!!"


On Day 4 of my Year in the Life of a Christmas Tree Experiment


I am headed out today in hopes of finding some great decorations for the tree. The overwhelming response has been to decorate the tree for Mardi Gras. I have never personally participated in a Mardi Gras celebration so I have been doing my research about the history and traditions of the holiday. I can already tell that this is going to be the biggest test for me and the ability to keep the tree up all year long. I am not a fan of the colors associated with the holiday and so the thought of looking at them for a few weeks time is already making me a little wobbly in the knees.


I discovered the following information about the beads and the colors of purple, gold and green while doing my research. These colors were introduced by the Rex organization during his first roll. Purple represents Justice; Green represents Faith and Gold represents Power. OKAY...if I can just wrap my mind around the representations of Justice, Faith and Power; I should be able to not only tolerate the tree, but truly embrace it in all its whimsy.


I will reward my efforts at some point with a King Cake. Let the celebration begin...


No comments:

Post a Comment