Monday, February 1, 2010

The Party's Over....

Happy February Everyone! Guess you know what that means. Another month, another Christmas tree re-do. Yes...I know...Mardi Gras is actually much later this year and in fact, it doesn't occur until after V-Day...but I was an overachiever this year and hey...I still have a Christmas tree standing in my dining room...does it appear I consult the calendar??? : )

I was really feeling a bit down this morning knowing that I HAVE to get busy removing the festive masks and shiny beads that have lifted my spirits more times than I can say during the dark and gloomy month of January. It amazes me a tree I at first was so hesitant to create and feared I would hate, due to the use of some of my least favorite colors, has become so endearing to me. I haven't a clue how many times I have caught myself lost in thought just embracing its uniqueness and pageantry.

Today while making a quick run to the store, I actually found some twinkling red lights. I have never had a tree with red lights on it. In fact, although my Christmas tree designs have run the gamut over the past several years, I remain a traditionalist when it comes to the lighting. The lights are ALWAYS white and I do not allow them to flash. Armed with those red lights I found myself energized and once again excited about the possibilities. So excited by my purchase, I forgot the real reason I went in to the store...a topper for the tree. Oh well...just another excuse to shop one more day before getting to work.

I am hoping to get the tree done tomorrow which will be a big task considering it is my husband's birthday and I have already committed myself to creating one of his all time favorite dinners. Still...the thought of having a tree covered in hearts and pretty red lights seems extra special thinking it would light his birthday. Hey...maybe I can get him to stand extra close so we can find if he sees his shadow...yes, I know, bad Ground Hog's Day joke. After ummmm...well...A LOT of birthdays...believe me, he's heard them all. If I am successful, perhaps I can place his birthday gift under the tree. I can guarantee you he's never had to get his birthday gift under a Christmas tree before.
Wish me luck...and STAY TUNED...new photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment