Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm in the Mood for Love....


Simply because your near me....Funny but when you're near me....I'm in the mood for LOVE! Can not get that silly song out of my head since nearly completing the V-day tree. I am once again amazed at how a transformed tree can transform my spirits. I NEVER decorate with red. So once again the thought of having a tree accentuated in a color that I normally dislike was less than inspiring to me. Perhaps that is why I found myself dragging my feet initially to get it done. Now that it is nearly complete...I find myself enchanted by it. It just "feels good" to look at it.


It did not come out the way I originally envisioned it. I think that's one of the reasons I have always enjoyed the process of decorating a Christmas tree. You can have something in mind, but when hands meet design, the best laid plans can quickly change. That's just the process of creativity and design. When we can't allow it to just flow, and attempt to force something, the results are less than perfect and natural. This also comes from my former experience as a home decorator. It's a person's inability to think out of the box or lack of confidence in their skills that results in rooms that never "feel" as good as they should. Good design is something you see and feel. When both are in sync the results are dynamic. It's the room you WANT to come home to.

That's exactly how I am feeling about the tree. It's something I want to come home to as every time I see it, I feel something different.


It's nearly done. I will explain more about the changes in the design in a later blog, but for now my only disappointment is in not being able to find the right topper. Apparently I share this disappointment with many others but on a somewhat different level. I posted a status update on Face Book the other day questioning how difficult it was to find Cupid. I guess I should have been more clear in my desire because the immediate reactions I got from some lady friends took me off guard. I quickly realized that LOTS of women are in search of Cupid and based on their comments he is obviously an elusive fellow. I had to offer a better explanation of my needs by explaining I was looking for the one dimensional man who did his job and quietly sat in the corner...LOL...ONCE again this is exactly the man they were searching for as well. So Cupid...take this as a warning, you are a WANTED MAN!


Hoping we all find our Cupids to fulfill whatever the desired need is...until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment