Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sprung is Spring!


Pollen count up...snow flakes down? Hard to believe that we once again experienced snow here in Atlanta this past week. Granted, the flakes were so tiny that at first we did confuse them with pollen, but nope...it was snow! I must admit this has helped me to keep inspired in my task to maintain my Christmas tree year round.


Perhaps it has been the wacky weather pattern that has played with my internal calendar and inability to accept how quickly the time is passing. I truly feel as though I just finished the St. Patrick's Day tree and just realized that I have got to get to work on the Easter tree this weekend or I will once again be behind.


Looking forward to our Eggstravaganza event here on our town green this weekend. Proud to say I know the Easter Bunny personally and will in fact, be fastening the Velcro on his costume and adjusting his whiskers as I deliver him to his adoring fans who will be assembled for the egg hunt. Weather looks as though it should cooperate for a sunshiny day of egg gathering. We have in excess of 12,000 eggs so the hunting should be good. It truly is one of my favorite activities that we celebrate here every year. Just love the site of all those pastel eggs and the excited children dressed in their Sunday best. Equally glad that I am not the mother who then has to deal with all those grass stains on said attire after the fact. : )


I'll just gather up my Easter Bunny whom I'm sure will be more than ready to get home and put his tired paws up. Pictures to follow soon. In the mean time however, one last look at our St. Paddy's Day tree. We have all enjoyed it!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment