Sunday, March 14, 2010

It Always Start With An Inspiration...


As noted in a recent post, I was finding every excuse imaginable to drag my feet on re-decorating the Christmas tree. I had reached a point where I was growing tired of it and questioning whether or not I could make the year. In blogging about my feelings, I suddenly was inspired by thoughts of my Nana and her Irish heritage. I didn't know how the tree would look, nor did I really care because I suddenly realized that it didn't matter. I had given myself a task and dwelling on the "how" was keeping me in the now. How often does that occur in life?


After making a run to the local craft stores and also a visit to my own crawl space, I soon had a large supply of items handy to begin the decorating process. The first thing I did before even removing the Valentine's items from the tree was to hang a shamrock from the chandelier to inspire the mood. OK...pardon me...the FIRST thing I did was pour a nice cold glass of chardonnay and THEN I affixed the shamrock.


Posting to face book my plans for the evening...I once again found myself in an enjoyable conversation with supportive friends. One such friend even introduced me to his beautiful wife Beth and with in a few comments back and forth she shared her thoughts that both my Nana and her Grammie were looking down from heaven and sharing a laugh together. Wow! What a beautiful thought. Now that is inspiring!


What could you create today if you didn't think you would fail? What would you create right now if you weren't distracted over not knowing HOW to do it? What inspirations are brewing within you? Peel back the layers and be ready to gaze upon your treasure. It all starts with one step...HANG YOUR SHAMROCK!!!


2 comments:

  1. It is so true, the fear of failing can be crippling. I frequently tell my students, "Do not let your fear stop you from creating magic." There is joy in experimenting and creating that is hard to recreate in other ways. You, my dear, are fearless. So here is to our ancestors, be they Irish or Slovak, they were without fear or we would not be here. Honor them and your talents everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnne...nicely said. You are the Mother of Inspiration! Amazing what a year in the life of a Christmas Tree can bring forth.

    ReplyDelete