Saturday, March 13, 2010

It Will Take The Luck of the Irish at this Rate


Oh my! Okay so I'll be honest. I've been avoiding both the tree in the corner and my blog. I don't know where the time has gone so quickly and honestly, I'm waning a bit on the tree. I said this would be a HUGE undertaking for me and all bets were off as to whether or not I could make it a year and now I worry if I'll even be able to make it a quarter.


I looked at the calendar today and realized the huge task in front of me if I wanted to get the tree done up for St. Paddy's Day. I actually even ventured out today to see if I could find any unique decorations that would get the creative juices flowing. I keep thinking if I would just go up in the crawl space I am certain to have enough Green Flair to pull it off. You see, I was married on St. Patrick's day and so numerous celebrations have taken place with lots of decorations so if I could just get myself motivated, perhaps I would find that I already own all I would need. ( wedding story to follow )


I am giving myself through tomorrow...and if I haven't found what I would like...then it will be straight to the Easter/Spring decorations. I do however hope I can rally to the occasion. I know my Nana would be proud if I could. All of my grandparents were of Italian descent except for the one stand out...my Nana~ Rosalie Bernie. Oh how I adored that woman! She was taken from me far too early, but I can still recall the smell of her perfume, her LOVE of burgundy wine and a fabulous laugh that could fill up a room. OH and did that woman enjoy a good St. Patrick's Day celebration!


OKAY Nana...you've convinced me...we've spent too much time apart and it would be my joy, my honor and privilege to spend some time in thought of you. Where are my keys? Looks like I am getting ready to hit the stores again. It may not be pretty...it will probably be pushing the limits of tacky...but I know a woman who would put a lamp shade on her head and belt out a tune with such wild abandonment that even if she and I are the only two that get it...that's more than enough.


Go n-eírí an bóthar leat. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment